Re: [Gimp-developer] Update and apology

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 21:53 +0530, Skand Hurkat wrote:
> > very good idea.
> Not just inkscape, but I believe that Emacs, Vim and other text editors
> also create a backup file. AFAIK, the backup file is autosaved, and the
> original is kept as is, in case the user wishes to throw away all changes.

Some editors keep what in effect is the undo stack, i.e. just the
operations - loading a saved file can take longer, but you don't use a
gigabyte on copying a file you might not need.

So I think with the GEGL graph we might be able to see this in GIMP,
without having to save scads of data to disk.

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition of Beginning XML, Wrox, 2012