Re: [Gimp-developer] the Gimp lcms.c plug-in

On 7/20/12, Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org> wrote:
> As we move along towards embracing a fully GEGLified workflow,
> different things will happen at different times. The initial thing to
> reach for is likely to support the 2.8 era manual colormanagement.
> With a fully GEGLified system there will still be the need to use ICC
> based conversions to pixel formats efficiently dealt with by
> babl/GEGL/GIMP as well as do final transforms for display / export.

Thanks! Now I have a better idea of the big picture regarding the lcms
plug-in. I've had a chance to dig into the code and see what the
different functions do and when they are called. It looks like
converting the lcms.c plug-in to use lcms2 will be pretty easy to do.
Which means really high bit depth conversions should also be not too
difficult. But one step at a time.

Elle
--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Articles and tutorials on open source digital imaging and photography