Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp 2.8 prohibitively slow

On 07/18/2012 04:55 PM, Guillermo Espertino (Gez) wrote:
On 18/07/12 10:45, Aaron Paden wrote:

You can try turning off color management in your preferences (there's a
bug in GIMP 2.8 that makes painting tools and selection widgets slower
when color management is active)

That actually works! Turning off Color management does increase performance. Can we expect this bug to be fixed in 2.8.x?

and you can try with different tile
memory settings but I'm afraid your system specs are low for high
resolution painting in a program like GIMP.

hth,

Gez.