Re: [Gimp-developer] Purple fringing removal extension

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Martin Jambon <gimp mjambon com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am totally new here but I wrote a standalone program that does a
> decent job of removing purple fringing from photos, and I would like to
> be able to implement the same functionality for Gimp.
>
> Here are some examples of what it does:
>
>   http://mjambon.com/purple-fringe/examples.html

Hey, that's not half bad.  I especially like that it doesn't go
overboard trying to 'fix' everything completely, just makes a nice
solid improvement.

Do you have any examples that show it not working well, or doing
something unexpected?  For example, a camera where the fringing is a
slightly different hue due to a slightly different Bayer filter, or a
different UV cutoff?

I would Totally Use This, especially given my fondness for vintage
lenses that can fringe badly.

Monty