Re: [Gimp-developer] How is the pressure value from a graphics tablet read in GIMP?

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Nick Bolton <nick bolton uk gmail com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how GIMP retrieves the stylus pressure value from a
> Wacom tablet?
GIMP lets GTK handle such things, as GTK is better suited to handle
such things. You will probably find andswers to your questions there,
in GTK+ GDK component X11 input module. If you are using a toolkit,
its probably better to see what it offers. If not,
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gdk/x11/gdkinput-x11.c?h=gtk-2-24
 may help. Lowlevel X API is one thing I am not inimately familiar
with, but I do know this - To get extra information tablet provides,
you need to query for Extended events, not the regular ones.

--
--Alexia