Re: [Gimp-developer] RFE: single window mode: always show tab

Hello Alexandre,

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:35:15 +0400 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM, wwp wrote:
>
> > In another RFE to the bug tracker, I suggested to move tabs to the
> > left, instead of to the top.
>
> This is what I call abomination unto usability.
>
> Vertical tab captions are barely readable. Whoever thinks this is a
> good solution needs a good night's sleep, a cold shower and a cup of
> tea in the morning.

Abomination.. does this post turn to trolling now?

Your second remark started interestingly, but since the tab contents is
not text but an image, I don't think it's less readable vertically than
horizontally, within less than one day of use any brain that doesn't
lack flexibility could get to it. I must admit that a thumbnail in the
tab widget doesn't look very nice, though, as some space is wasted.
Doesn't fit very well!
Anyway, this seems to be quite subjective. And it would be nice if you
could tell your opinion without using extreme terms and missing respect
to other people ;-).

Regards,

--
wwp