Re: [Gimp-developer] gsoc 2012 is on

I'm not a developer, but here are some links and tips that may help you.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 15:17, JIghtuse <jightuse gmail com> wrote:
> Hello. I want to join GSoC 2012 with GIMP. I have C programming skills and
> some gtk experience.

That sounds like a good start.

> I've cloned gimp git repo, but I've failed to compile it - in my system
> there's no up-to date GEGL package (Debian Wheezy).

That's perfectly fine. I think most of the developers use Debian.

> I want to fix some bugs
> for try change gimp code. Can anybody describe me how to compile gimp and
> fix, for example, this bug:
> ?

Here is a wikipage for new GIMP hackers:
Perhaps it's an good idea to ask for an wiki account and adding
everything you are missing from that page.

And here is an description, on how to build GIMP+GEGL+BABL: