Re: [Gimp-developer] Getting involve in gimp development

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Nadav Vinik wrote:

> I suggest to do this:
> UI in JavaScript, as it gnome3. only this will cause many programmers to join.

:)

Dear Nadav,

I kindly suggest you to think in terms of priorities.

Here is our TOP5, from most important to less important:

1. Finalize and release v2.8.
2. Merge GSoC2011 projects, adjust libgimp, release v2.10.
3. Finish the existing port to GTK+3.

This is what we need to do _urgently_ to clear up the backlog of
already implemented features and bring back a working support for
Wacom tablets. Rewriting UI in another language simply has no place
there.

4. Finalize move to GEGL for high bit depth support.
5. Implement non-destructive editing.

Both of these features demand people willing to work on the image
processing core which you want to be written in C anyway, and _this_
is where we still miss contributors _most_.

Simply put, language for programming UI is not such an issue for the
project (Martin will probably object here).

OTOH, I certainly like the "I can spend this much time on it to help
you" attitude that you demonstrated. I wish we had more of that.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org