Re: [Gimp-developer] Menu XML?

On 02/02/2012 11:27 AM, Srihari Sriraman wrote:

> Me and my friends are developing a menu-search tool [1].

Looks interesting.

> We're looking for a way to access the menu.
> Is there a ready xml we can use?
> Is it accessible from a plugin?
> Or should we generate the xml somehow?

Take a look at implementation of HUD[1] in Ubuntu. It uses libdbusmenu
library and access to application menus via DBus. Also MenuModel[2] has
been landed to GTK3... MenuModel is a better option but GIMP is GTK2
only now.

Currently i working on similar menu search but for synapse launcher[3].

[1]: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/01/hud-new-unity-feature/
[2]: http://developer.gnome.org/gio/unstable/GMenuModel.html
[3]: http://synapse.zeitgeist-project.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page