Re: [Gimp-developer] wavelet decompose

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Seth Burgess <seth burgess gmail com> wrote:
> Can a GEGL op take one image and output 2?  I looked at this briefly a few
> months back but wasn't able to figure it out - perhaps I wasn't looking in
> the right spot or maybe things have progressed since then.

GEGL should support this, though there might be some parts of the code
that hard-codes the name of the output pad to "output", if there is it
should be fixed. For operations that need to output more data than 4
channels per pixel there is another option than outputing two separate
buffers though. The existing frequency domain processing ops for GEGL
from SOC (unmerged due to licensing issues). A custom 6 (or 8 for
RGBA) component babl format is used for buffers that store complex
numbers.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/