Re: [Gimp-developer] Why the endless background conversions between linear and regular sRGB TRC?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

> So if I understand what you are saying (I don't think I do):
> First the lcms plugin converts the image to the actual monitor display profile.
> Then "something" converts the image to sRGB and sends the image to Cairo?
> And then Cairo sends the image to the screen?
>
> I don't think that is what really happens. If it were happening, all
> images displayed by Gimp would have a magenta color cast as displayed
> on my monitor. And they don't. Perhaps Cairo just sends RGB numbers to
> the screen (and doesn't care what these numbers "mean"), and Gimp is
> sending the monitor profile RGB numbers to Cairo.

FYI, color management in Cairo is a work in progress. Adrian needs
input on desired API, though. Without it he cannot proceed further.

http://inkscape.13.n6.nabble.com/Creating-color-managed-PDFs-td4964914.html

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org