Re: [Gimp-developer] Adding WebP Support to GIMP

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM, William Swartzendruber wrote:

>> Well, I'm not so sure that from the project's point of view redoing an
>> existing work is much reasonable.
>>
>> Could we perhaps interest you in something more urgent for the project?
>
> I'd really like to work on WebP.  What if I were to extend the
> existing plugin's export dialog with every known configuration option
> under an "Advanced settings" expander?

The thing is... Old file loaders/savers are to be extinct anyway.

So how about writing GEGL-based WebP loader and saver? And if the
professor thinks, this is not sufficient, write foundations for UI to
saving options for GELG based code?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org