Re: [Gimp-developer] unusual (babl/babl/util.h) sRGB tone curve values

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Elle Stone <l elle stone gmail com> wrote:
> Working on getting high bit depth color conversion to work (still not
> there yet!) has meant peeking into a lot of babl/gegl/gimp code. I
> noticed unusual sRGB tone curve values in the functions
> "linear_to_gamma_2_2" and "gamma_2_2_to_linear", defined in
> /babl/babl/util.h.
>
> The standard values are: 0.04045 and 0.0031308.
> The util.h values are:   0.03928 and 0.0030402477.

I have no chance of remembering more than what is in the code and
comments for code that I wrote close to a decade ago, I'd suggest
searching for the constants used in babl and see if the pages that
turn up in a search result provide some rationale :)

Thank you for your continued interest in reviewing some of the
fundamental core bits.

/Ø