Re: [Gimp-developer] unusual (babl/babl/util.h) sRGB tone curve values

Again from fading memory, I believe that the original formulas failed
to be perfectly smooth, which was completely irrelevant in 8-bit but
could be argued to be significant in 16-bit. I also would not be
surprised if some 16-bit sRGBs have a slightly wider gamut.
These tweaks would break the "alignment" of 8-bit sRGB with 16-bit sRGB.

--
Nicolas Robidoux
Image processing and applied mathematics consultant