Re: [Gimp-developer] [Demo] Porting MyPaint brush engines to the GIMP.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:13:00AM +0200, gfxuser wrote:
> >I'm currently working on porting of the MyPaint brush engine to the
> >gimp 2.7.5 branch.
> What makes these brushes different to the GIMP brushes with 2.8
> dynamic options?

Probably not much that wouldn't come as a natural addition to GIMP's
existing dynamics now.

I'll touch one aspect on Thursday in Wien :-)

If you are in Wien, Ramón Miranda is also a good person to ask this
question, he has much experience with brushes in both GIMP and MyPaint.

> Are they some kind of procedural brushes like this:
> http://celarek.at/2012/01/lindenmayer-brush-for-krita/?

There is basic support for some procedural patterns, and I had plans (and
git branches) for more; but it's certainly not a key strength of brushlib.

--
Martin Renold