Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.7.5 released

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:50 AM, John A. Wallace <jw72253 verizon net> wrote:
> After downloading that build of GIMP for Windows, I got a malware alert from AVG
> 2012 about part of it containing a Trojan. I have attached a screenshot of the
> alert. Any ideas about that? Thanks.

Yes, several.
a) It's not one of our semi-official builds you get from
gimp-win.sourceforge.net, go get one from there.
b) Contact whoever provided that build, sometimes there are false
positives. However, since its a build from god knows where, id take
the warning seriously. Malware distributors just love packing their
crap into installers of well known free apps.

--
--Alexia