Re: [Gimp-developer] the indexed mode implementation

On Sunday, April 8, 2012, 17:37:43, Bill Skaggs wrote:

> Dithering is not really where the problem lies, it's in finding a good
> colormap.  Gimp's algorithm was developed a long time ago, by Adam
> Moss, who put a great deal of effort into it.

Speaking of finding a good colormap, I still think that GIMP 1.2
produces better results than GIMP 2 on most images.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

At any level of traffic, any delay is intolerable.
       -- Brigg's Law of Traffic