Re: [Gimp-developer] Discard text information.

On Fri, 25/11/11, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion mpc com br> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM,  <k1er0n-gnome yahoo co uk> wrote:

>> In the Layer menu, there is an item called "Discard text information".
>> What options do I have for turning text layers into non-text ones in a
>> script? gimp_image_merge_down() works, but it does other things I don't
>> really need. Is there another option? Thanks.

> Looks like we are missing a PDB way of doing it.
> One thing to do is to "scale" the layer into itself - in Python you can
> call, for example:

Thank you. I've realised that not being able to turn text layers into non-text ones wasn't actually the cause of my problem. It was actually a gimp_layer_new() call I used.

Some functions have "range" parameters which run from 0 to 255. Others have parameters which run from 0 to 1. The "opacity" parameter runs from 0 to 100. At least I know now.

Thank you for your suggestion, though.

Kieron