Re: [Gimp-developer] GEGL problems while building 2.7.4 for Linux

On 12/18/2011 10:35 PM, Owen wrote:
A long time ago, I built the 2.7.2 version which required upgrading my
BABL/GEGL libraries (running Kunbuntu 10.04) which I did by getting
the
code directly from the GIT repository

I thought building 2.7.4 would be a snap since I didn't expect to have
to re-upgrade these. I was wrong :)

BABL went OK but I have a problem with GEGL: the GIT version won't
compile ("No rule to make target `gegl-sampler-downsharp.c', needed by
`gegl-sampler-downsharp.lo'.") and the tarball requires GLIB 2.28
(2.24
on my Kubuntu 10.04).

I understand that the GIT stuff may have compile problems, but I can't
invent a missing C source file from scratch.

However, what I don't understand is that the tarball version requires
new GLIB when the GIT one doesn't?

And if anyone went that route, where does the version chase stop? Is
GLIB the last one or are there anymore ahead?

Well my  GIT build fell over because of glib, so installed the latest
and rebuilt without problems.

OK, so will try. Thx.

# git clean -xdf seems to do wonders as well.

The various forms of "make clean" also do, it seems :)