Re: [Gimp-developer] some changes are required in po-tips file

On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 17:40 +0200, Cristian Secară wrote:
> 1. Since the implementation of the export menu, this string is no
> longer stricly true:
> ===
> When you save an image to work on it again later, try using XCF, GIMP's
> native file format (use the file extension <tt>.xcf</tt>). This
> preserves the layers and every aspect of your work-in-progress. Once a
> project is completed, you can save it as JPEG, PNG, GIF, ...
> ===

It was never true -- e.g. undo history is not saved, tool options are
not saved...

> The "..., try using XCF, ..." is a bit misleading, since now the xcf is
> the only format that can be _saved_ (and a b/gzip still contains the
> xcf).
>
> But more important is that the "... you can save it as JPEG, ..." should
> now say "... you can export it as JPEG, ...".
right.

> 2. I supose that the Stroke Selection menu item is now the Border
> menu item (?):
> ===
> You can draw simple squares or circles using Edit→Stroke Selection. It
> strokes the edge of your current selection. More complex shapes can be
> drawn using the Path tool or with Filters→Render→Gfig.

I'd be reluctant to send people to gfig really. Better to suggest using
an external SVG editor such as Inkscape and then importing as paths.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org