Re: [Gimp-developer] Reducing Load Time

I would really prefer that not all brushes would be loaded at start time. Loading the small preview would be ok and could be very fast. But loading a lot of big brushes takes really long and consumes a lot of memory, even so most of them are just grayscale images. Would be really nice if it would only load the brush as you click on it. Then it could use some kind of little cache (e.g. 10 entries) for the last used brushes, so you can quickly switch between them.

My current load time is above 30 Seconds after a cold start (no files from HD in cache). In this scenario it is far away from the default installation that takes only about 5 seconds.

Together with many plugins/addons it takes even longer. I guess that this things should really be loaded at runtime, as needed, and not at the start.

Greetings from
Tobias Oelgarte