Re: Avatars and proxy

Am Dienstag, den 17.02.2009, 14:30 +0100 schrieb Guilhem Bonnefille:
> Hi,
>
> I encounter a strange behaviour, but my environment is to gruik to
> directly consider it is a bug.
>
> My current giggle (0.4.91 + patches for debian-lenny) shows avatars at
> home, but does not shows avatars at office. The main difference reside
> in the usage of a proxy.
> Any way to investigate?
> Some log:
> ** (giggle:474): WARNING **: avatar_image_load_cb: DBus error
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible
> causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the
> message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
> expired, or the network connection was broken.
>

> Does GIO require specific codes to use Gnome proxy settings?

I just asked that question on IRC:

        <tbf> alex_: do i have to call some functions to make gio use http proxies?
         http://mail.gnome.org/archives/giggle-list/2009-February/msg00007.html
        <alex_> tbf: i don't know if proxys are supported yet, ask gicmo
        <gicmo> danw did the patch and I reviewed it
          /* Proxy handling */
           proxy_resolver = g_object_new (SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_RESOLVER_GNOME, NULL);
           soup_session_add_feature (backend->session, proxy_resolver);
           soup_session_add_feature (backend->session_async, proxy_resolver);
           g_object_unref (proxy_resolver);
         I guess we are defaulting to gnome
        <tbf> gicmo: ok, so in theory it should use GNOME's proxy settings
        <gicmo> "DBus error
         org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply"
         it seems more like a broken setup
        <gicmo> tbf: indeed, and  I am pretty sure danw tested the hell out of it

So in theory GIO should use your proxy settings. Christian (gicmo)
thinks that your GIO/GVFS setup is broken.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
Personal Blog: http://taschenorakel.de/mathias/