Re: [Gexiv2] Accessing raw XMP packet

On 10/08/10 06:11, Jim Nelson wrote:
Did you intend to include a new patch in your last email?  I didn't
receive it.

Also, when I tried to apply your last patch, patch couldn't resolve the
conflicts.  Since gexiv2 hasn't been significantly touched in a while, I
suspect you're using an old version of the source.  If you could re-up
from trunk and re-submit your patch, I would be happy to look it over.

svn://svn.yorba.org/gexiv2/trunk <http://svn.yorba.org/gexiv2/trunk>

I have been working with svn trunk of gexiv2. I've attached a version of
the patch without the (unrelated) changes to gexiv2.h. It definitely
applies against svn r2013 for me:

$ patch -p1 <gexiv2-get-xmp-packet.patch
patching file gexiv2/gexiv2-metadata-xmp.cpp
patching file gexiv2/gexiv2-metadata.h
patching file vapi/gexiv2.metadata
patching file gexiv2.vapi
$

A common problem I have run into when mailing patches is some mail clients
(and mail servers) like to munge text/plain attachments into CRLF line
endings, which will confuse patch if the files to be patched have LF line
endings (as does the gexiv2 source). Maybe that's the problem you're having?

--
Dan Callaghan <djc djc id au>