[Gegl-developer] Build gegl under msys

I am attempting to build gegl and then gimp under msys. There is a good guide to this at

https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Building/Windows

I followed instructions and had success until

git clone https://git.gnome.org/browse/gegl
cd gegl
./autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX --enable-gtk-doc-html=no --disable-docs
The autogen.sh process looks for glib and cannot find it. There are no instructions for appropriate addition of this key base library to the environment. Did I incorrectly install msys or is there a way to install glib? I tried to use the git clone approach to download and build glib, but this seems wierd and too deep into the weeds.

Thanks in advance for help.

Note that Victor Oliviera had some pertinent comments.