Re: [gedit-list] gedit is unmaintained, some thoughts

On Sun, 2017-07-16 at 19:54 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Sigh... it seems many of the very useful apps I've come to use every
day are ending up there. :(

Have you used gedit still in the last years?

For me it has become really hard to use. Most serious problem was the
vanishing search entry. This feature is fine for writing short notes on
a 7 inch display, but for daily work it makes live really hard. I have
seen many people complaining about this feature, I think recently there
was one again on gtk-list, but it seems to be not possible to switch
that disappearing off. Have you found one.

But gedit sources are still a good GTK "tutorial" -- I learned a few
thinks from it.