Re: [gedit-list] gedit is unmaintained, some thoughts

On Sun, 2017-07-16 at 13:06 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
Before I contribute to GtkSourceView, there was 8000 lines of code in
gedit for the file loading and saving

Yes, that where my thoughts also when I take a short look at gedit code
some years ago.

Gedit is a very basic editor compared to vim, builds on powerful libs
as gtksourceview and still has so much code... For example my NEd Nim
editor, which is also very basic, but used by me for all Nim coding,
has not much more than 1000 lines total, while still using the low
level bindings. With high level bindings it may be much less than 1000
lines. (https://github.com/ngtk3/NEd)

Is for your tepl already gobject-introspection available?

Reason is, I recently released the first draft of the high level Nim
bindings, see

https://github.com/StefanSalewski/gintro

I still have to add some more examples -- one would be for
gtksourceview or maybe tepl already.