Re: [gedit-list] gtide - gedit to IDEs (and beyond)

Haven't read all the backlog here, but wouldn't we invest our time in a better way if we
try to i.e share in a better way some parts of gedit by putting them in GtkSourceView,
instead of making once again another library with all the overhead that it means.

Some things that I can think about is snippets which is implemented in gedit and in builder.
We could take builder's implementation as a starting point and add any missing feature
from gedit's one.

Another interesting thing is the indentation stuff which currently is also implemented in
gedit-code-assistance and in builder.

And I am pretty sure there are other things out there that we could move down the stack.

Regards.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 09:12:24PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
> A better name for the library would be "GNOME Text Editor Framework", or
> Gtef. But Gtef is a really ugly name in my opinion.

Oh, or why not GTF?