Re: [gedit-list] porting git plugin to python 2

Hi Matěj!

     I have not looked at the patch in detail, but I think we could branch proceed like this:
1) split the patch in two, things that also apply to the regular version of the plugin and a second patch that is the py2 compatibility, so that we can apply the first patch
2a) if the py2 patch can work with both py2 and py3 at runtime, we can branch a gnome-3-14 branch and apply it there and release a 3.14 version (on master I would like to keep the code clean with just the py3 code)
2b) if instead the py2 patch breaks py3 we can create a specific python-2 branch and apply it there or you can keep it as a patch in the RH package

Paolo