Re: [gedit-list] Issues with SyncTeX plugin

No other errors. Just had a good look at synctex.py, the issue is that
when a file is opened, self._doc.get_language() returns None. Therefore,
self.active is set to False, resulting in the plugin not being activated.

No clue as to why self._doc.get_language() returns None — the language is
detected correctly by gedit, because the right syntax highlighting is used
after opening a LaTeX file. Also, when the plugin is un-checked and
re-checked again, get_language() behaves as it should. I checked and
self._doc.get_file().get_location().get_uri() returns the correct file.
Inspired by that, I applied a temporary fix. The idea is to replace

lang is not None and lang.get_id() == 'latex'

by

self._doc.get_file().get_location().get_uri()[-4:] == '.tex'

which works, but it's not the ultimate solution.

Cheers,
Pieter

any other error on the terminal?
any chance you can stick some prints on the code and check where it fails