Re: [gedit-list] TypeError when using External Tools plugin

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 04:31:02PM +0100, pieter redpanda nl wrote:
Another plugin is causing some issues. In the External Tools dialog, there
is an option "Save". When I select "Current document" and subsequently try
to run the custom command, I get the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/externaltools/functions.py", line 298, in
capture_menu_action
    MultipleDocumentsSaver(window, panel, False, node)
  File "/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/externaltools/functions.py", line 263, in
__init__
    signals[doc] = doc.connect('saving', self.on_document_saving)
TypeError: <Document object at 0x7f57885ae708 (GeditDocument at
0x1d3cca0)>: unknown signal name: saving

This might be related to the message that's printed when I open a file,

TypeError: on_saved_or_loaded() missing 1 required positional argument:
'data'

Using gedit 3.14.0 on 64bit Linux.

Thanks for the bug report.

The external tools plugin needs to be updated, there has been some
changes in GeditDocument between gedit 3.12 and 3.14, well documented
here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit/API-Changes

I thought all core plugins were correctly updated, but it seems that
external tools slipped through the cracks.

--
Sébastien