Re: [gedit-list] Syntax highlighting and external tools

Hi John,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:29 AM, John Coppens <john jcoppens com> wrote:
1) If I open a new document, and save it with a known extension, syntax highlighting
doesn't activate till I reload the document into gedit. That's not quite practical...

This is strange. I just tested with 3.10: I created a new file, wrote "int main() {}" in it, saved it as foo.c and it became highlighted.

Can you investigate if this is related to some plugin you have active or maybe to pre-existing metadata for the file you are saving?

2) I configured two external commands and in both cases, set

   # Save-files=all

Still, files are not saved before the command is executed. Is this functionality
missing? (I also tried to do this via de Tools Management dialog.)

Yes this is a bug. We fixed it on master:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gedit/commit/?id=6c99bb727a8697e37cd55e0ccf40e4069e65f1ce

Maybe it is important enough to backport and apply to 3.10

Ciao