[gedit-list] Syntax highlighting and external tools

Hi all.

I detected two problems with gedit - or maybe I'm just doing things wrong.

1) If I open a new document, and save it with a known extension, syntax highlighting
doesn't activate till I reload the document into gedit. That's not quite practical...

2) I configured two external commands and in both cases, set

   # Save-files=all

Still, files are not saved before the command is executed. Is this functionality
missing? (I also tried to do this via de Tools Management dialog.)

gedit is 3.10.4 on Linux.

John