Re: [gedit-list] Gedit 3.6.2 Undo History

Hey Sebastian, thanks for the reply!

You were right, it was in the dconf-editor. I thought I looked in there yesterday, but could NOT find Gedit
settings anywhere. I'm just realizing now that I was actually looking in the "gconf-editor" NOT
"dconf-editor"...
Gedit settings were located at the following in dconf-editor:
        org > gnome > gedit > preferences > editor > max-undo-actions --> "2000"
        org > gnome > gedit > preferences > editor > undo-actions-limit --> "25"

In the dconf-editor, in the locations above, there were actually 2 spots claiming to hold the "Undo Limit",
as you can see above.
If I run the command below, I get the following (*BTW, any idea why it shows the same settings 3 times, is
that per user or something?):
        # gsettings list-recursively | grep -i gedit | grep -i undo
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor max-undo-actions 2000
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor undo-actions-limit 25
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor max-undo-actions 2000
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor undo-actions-limit 25
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor max-undo-actions 2000
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor undo-actions-limit 25

Since it seemed as though I could ONLY undo a few things at a time, I'm assuming the "undo-actions-limit" is
what actually controls the number of "Undo's, which was set to ONLY 25...
So I edited both of the values anyway, to the following:
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor max-undo-actions --> 4000
        org.gnome.gedit.preferences.editor undo-actions-limit --> 10000

It said for the "undo-actions-limit" that if you use "-1" it will set it to unlimited, but apparently that
has been deprecated since version 2.12.0...

Will Gedit need to be restarted to take these new values for "undo"?

Thanks AGAIN for the reply, very much appreciated!

Thanks Again,
Matt