[gedit-list] Help on documentation

Hi all

I am currently studying the code of gedit 3.10.4 as an example of an application developed with GTK. I noticed that the code rely on the macro G_DEFINE_TYPE_WITH_PRIVATE to extend widgets and define new objects. Then, *_init and *_class_init functions are consequently defined and they registers many pointers to functions as dispose, constructed, startup, activated, etc.

Could you please point me toward a good documentation/book/manual to understand how to define objects in this way, what these function do and when they are called/executed?

Thank You

Alessandro