[gedit-list] External Tools, Python

I'm not sure if this is a Gedit bug so I'm enquiring here first.

I'm using Gedit 3.4.2 on Debian Unstable.

External-tools plugin will not load for me on Gedit startup.

Here is the terminal error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/gedit/plugins/externaltools/windowactivatable.py", line 171, in do_activate
    self.window.set_data("ExternalToolsPluginWindowData", self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/GObject.py", line 555, in _unsupported_data_method
    raise RuntimeError('Data access methods are unsupported. '
RuntimeError: Data access methods are unsupported. Use normal Python attributes instead

Is this a Gedit bug? Is there anything I can do to resolve the problem? Any help would be gratefully received.

Hugh