Re: [gedit-list] GTK+ Emacs Key Bindings

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Justin Brown <<mailto:justin brown fandingo org>justin brown fandingo org>
wrote:

I've been using Gnome-Shell for a couple of years. Emacs is my editor of choice when using a terminal, but I
frequently use gedit to write short code excerpts and as a general copy-paste staging area.

The problem is that I have installed gnome-tweak-tool and set the "GTK+ Keybinding Theme" to Emacs. This
works very well throughout the shell and in almost all GTK+ applications. Gedit is the notable exception. I
can't get any Emacs key bindings to work.

There's also no keyboard shortcut editor, so I can't even override some default shortcuts if I wanted to.

I find it quite surprisingly that Gedit overrides GTK+'s keyboard shortcuts, but doesn't provide any
configuration UI to change them.

Am I missing something here? Perhaps an extension or a hidden dconf setting?