[gedit-list] Erratic keyboard behavior in Ubuntu Precise

Hello everyone,

I recently installed Ubuntu Precise Pangolin inside a 32-bit Win 7 HP laptop.  I used WUBI.exe to do the installation.  All seemed well until I tried to use gedit to write a simple test program for GTK+.   Gedit sort of works, but the cursor jumps backwards by what appears to be a random number of characters and then begins inserting at the location.  The other problem is that lines of text occasionally get highlighted and then erased.  Very frustrating.  I have searched extensively for help fixing this problem, but have gotten nowhere.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark Allyn