Re: [gedit-list] Suggestion to improve the gedit

At 20:01 -0300 10/25/12, Larissa Artemis wrote:
>Hi, I'm Larissa Artemis. I'm a brazilian user of the Ubuntu and gedit.
>

>I don't have confidence if this is the right place to give my suggestion.
>If not be, sorry. Can someone indicate the correct place?
>
>If be, I have an idea and I think that can improve the gedit. Actually, my idea is apply a <https://live.gnome.org/Nautilus/>Nautilus' concept in the gedit: the panel.
>Is so practice open 2 panels in Nautilus and can view informations of 2 folders, that I think this can works to gedit too. Would be possible works to (or more) files simultaneously, without need switch the tab. I think that increased the produtivity user. What you think?
>
>One more time, if this is not a correct place to suggestions, my apologies.
>
>--
>Larissa Artemis Luna Monteiro
>Student Course Technician Computer
>Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Alagoas, Brazil

Your experience may vary but I find I can simply drag the tab that represents an open file onto a bare spot on the desktop and I get a new window containing the contents of the tab.

There is also a right click menu item somewhere that offers to move a tab into a new window.

I do run two monitors and it's possible that the features require that.

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--