[gedit-list] GSoC project

Hi,
I want to participate in the Google Summer of Code, and I want to contribute to gedit projects.
I already know the basic of what I have to do. That is find some bug/bugs and fix them.
What kind of bug do I need to fix? Should it be more trivial or a major bug.
I am in the process of building the gedit code. I've had some problems still trying to fix them.

From where can I find specific projects, from gedit to work on?
I've been looking in the Roadmap page and I'm wondering can I choose ideas from there?
If not, from where can I find ideas to work on?
From the Roadmap I was interested in the new features - code folding.
Or I maybe if there are anywhere any requests for plugins, I could work on writing plugins.
Will that be a suitable project for GSoC?

Thank you in advance
Bojana