Re: [gedit-list] Documentation plugin feature request

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Jesse van den Kieboom
> <jessevdk gnome org <mailto:jessevdk gnome org>> wrote:
>
>     2012/3/7 Jono <jono foodnotblogs com <mailto:jono foodnotblogs com>>
>
>         Sounds like a fun project.
>
>         I have started by porting the existing xmltools plugin to work with
>         Gedit 3 and I am adding RelaxNG support to it. It uses lxml.etree.
>
>         Once I get things working I will take a look at adding some
>         realtimeness.

https://launchpad.net/gdp provides xml/html tag completion and
well-formedness checking. This plugin could be extended or forked to
support specific grammars.

The current plugin assumed any opening tag is valid. A grammar-aware
completion would only propose valid elements for the document's
(GtkSource) language.

The underlying syntax-checker does not support validation, though it is
etree-based. The expat parser needs to be replaced with a validating parser.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.