[gedit-list] gedit dictionnary, capital letters at beginning of sentences

When I use the autocheck function in gedit, it works great, except for one thing. When a word is placed at the beginning of a sentence, it needs a capital letter. Autocheck sees it as a different word and underlines it. I then have to add it to my personnal dictionnary, thereby overloading it with words. I have to do this with every sentence I begin.
This seems to be fairly recent, but I have been away all summer so I can't really say for sure.
Would it be possible to ignore capital letters?

--
http://sites.google.com/site/samueldechamplain/home