[gedit-list] Snippets

I'm writing a blog post about Mallard snippets and just want to get the details correct (I'm running 3.2).

After I enable plugins, is there a way to display the built-in snippets? The local folder is .local/share/gedit/plugins/snippets? I got Germán's mallard.xml and saved it in the plugins folder, but still needed to import it. Only *after* I imported it did any snippets show up in the Manage Snippets dialogue.

Thanks,

Mike