[gedit-list] gedit UI theme (gtk)

Hello,

I'm on Debian Sid with gedit 3.2.3 and no gnome-session. Apparently there are some gnome3 applications and libraries (see attached excerpt of installed packages).

My desktop is a little bit bizarre WndowMaker, and the point is, since gnome seem to have ditched any custom theming besides the default Adwaita, i don't see much reason to keep gnome-settings-daemon (gsd) running at all.

Anyway, even with gsd running, gedit does not look like the other GTK apps i use (Gimp, Firefox, Claws, gnome-comander, gnome-alsa-mixer and many more). Rather ugly except for the icons. But without gsd, it's even worse, just a grey default with tiny fonts. I like to stress the point that w/o gsd running, any other GTK apps still seem to use Adwaita, andlook fine.

Does gedit obey some gtkrc ? I would not know how to create entries there, though. I don't even know which app is on gtk3 and which still uses gtk2, and what's the difference in terms of a gtkrc.

I have 2 questions:

(1) How can i customize the UI fontsize without gsd ?

(2) How can i customize the UI colors ?

Many thnaks in advance !

Micha

libc6	2.13-21