Re: [gedit-list] How to select large amounts of text

On 11/10/2011 08:48 AM, pmennen wrote:
A few times when I wanted to do this, the selected text was so
large it took me several minutes to select the whole area by dragging the
mouse over it. It worked, but was painful ... so I figure that you gedit
experts must have a better way.

Most editors support this:
put your cursor to the beginning of the selection (leave it there), scroll down, press shift and reposition the cursor to the end of the selection you want to make.
Easy, huh?