Re: [gedit-list] Packaging Gedit plugins in a .deb?

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 12:28 +0100, ricardo lafuente wrote:
> Is there anyone with the slightest experience of packaging Python
> Gedit
> plugins for Debian/Ubuntu?
>
> I'm done packaging Shoebot (http://shoebot.net), and now would like
> provide a package for the Gedit plugin we made for it. However, I'm
> in
> the dark as to how the setup.py file should look like. If there's
> someone with knowledge on this issue, it would be very much
> appreciated!

Take a look at <https://launchpad.net/pocket-lint>. The trunk series is
a standard python project using setup. The packaging series contains the
debian/ directory that I nest in to tree I use to build packages.

pocket-lint was extracted from <https://launchpad.net/gdp>. While that
is a gedit plugin, it is used autotools. The plugins/Makefile.am and
plugins/gdp/Makefile.am
list the files that are packaged. configure.ac builds the paths to where
the files will be installed. I am sure your plugin is far less
complicated. You just want the plugin file and python files installed in
gedit's plugin directory.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.