[gedit-list] document-type-specific external tool execution fails

Hello,

I use gedit as an IDE for several languages and I want to use one hotkey for
building the source.

However, the language feature of the  "applicability"-option fails to work.
No matter what languages I specify the shortcut key always runs the external
tool. Specifying the same hotkey for a second external tools overwrites the
first one.

The workaround that comes to mind is using one script and checking for the
$GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_TYPE variable and running different programs
depending on it.

Before doing this however -- is there another fix? Did I understand
something wrong about how "applicability" is supposed to work?

Regards,
Tilman