Re: [gedit-list] Fwd: Re: Gedit Redesign

On 02/04/2011 11:22 AM, Zarmakuizz wrote:
Hi Kennedy,

Would you mind sending us what Gedit looks like on your computer ? I would like to see the difference between what you see and your suggestions.
Also, it's more useful for us to know what kind of changes you have in mind. Like I said before, the visual appearance of gedit is largely dependent on the theme that is used, more than which functional components (widgets) are used. One thing I'm seeing is for example that you use a combo box instead of tabs.

It would be good if you can provide the following:
1) What elements did you change, independent from changes in the theme
2) What is the rationale for changing these elements, and what analysis/data do you base this on
3) Is this something very specific to gedit, or are you proposing these changes also GNOME wide
4) Are you in any way in discussion also with other GNOME designers to ensure a unified look for all GNOME applications (meaning, is this part of some kind of new HIG)

User interfaces are delicate. We are more than happy to improve on anything, but we do need more than just 'this looks better to me' kind of argumentation.

Jesse

Regards,
Zarmakuizz