[gedit-list] spell checking on OSX

Hello,

I am trying to get gedit to do spell checking on osx (Mac's operating
system).
I installed the plug-in, but there are no languages available in the
language list.
I looked around everywhere, but I couldn't find much information about spell
checking in gedit under osx. This works perfectly fine on a Linux machine.

I looked into the directory where gedit resides, and it seems to use
GtkSpell (not sure), by looking at spell-checker.ui. I don't have gtkspell,
and I am not sure there is a port of gtkspell for osx. Is there anything I
can still do to get gedit to do spell checking?

Thanks.