Re: [gedit-list] gedit documentation

hey Jim,

thanks a lot for your hard work.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell gmail com> wrote:
Hi All,

I understand that gedit 2.91.1 was recently released (congrats - woohoo! : -), and that there will be at least a couple of interim releases until the 3.0 release. I want to make sure that the updated documentation is ready for inclusion in Gnome / gedit 3.0, so I'm curious to know about the timing for this.

For now we are not thinking in new features if we have any new feature we'll let you know.

Right now I would estimate that the documentation is about 1/3rd complete, but it is fairly-well "stubbed-out," and I'm spending about 2-3 hours/wk in adding more updates and providing fixes.  I expect that I'll move along pretty quickly, and will have things well situated within a few weeks.  What release would be good to target for inclusion of the new documentation, and what date should I target to have things mostly done?

Whenever you feel that it can go it just talk with us and I guess you can push it in gnome.

The docs are currently up at: http://gitorious.org/gedit-docs

When I have some time I'll try to check it, but I guess that you are doing quite a good job here :)

Thanks, all,

Jim