[gedit-list] Monospace and bold fonts

Dear List,

My favourite monospace font, "Inconsolata Medium"[1], unfortunately has a different width for its bold characters. Since gEdit uses bold for some keywords when it does syntax highlighting, this means that sometimes what appears to be correctly-aligned code is not.

Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this? Is it possible to keep the bolding but apply a correction so that it maintains monospacing with non-bold characters? Alternatively, can I turn off bold keywords?

Thanks in advance,

- Peter

[1] http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html